top of page

covid-19 response

During these unprecedented times, we wanted to let all our Nomadic Runners how important it is for us and the global community to stay safe and look after one another. This is our number one priority to ensure not only our community but those in place we travel remain safe. We appreciate that many people face challenges now and many more will in the future. We are all in this together. We are doing all we can to ensure that our customers are well taken care of in the spirit of the trail running community.


As you are aware the situation is still changing daily across the globe with various countries taking different strategies to deal in a manner they feel best. We are closely watching the situation and take advice from the leading governing bodies, the main one being UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). This will ultimately govern if a trip will go ahead or not. If at the time of final payment (8 weeks before departure) the FCO is still advising against travel to the destination of the trip we will have no choice but to postpone. 

We appreciate that this throws many balls in the air for you and are working hard behind the scenes with our local guides and suppliers to ensure this has as little impact on you as possible, whilst giving you the greatest amount of flexibility. Here's what we're doing:



contacting each individual directly whose trip is likely to be affected

If you have already booked a trail running retreat or adventure then we will contact you directly to explain the situation and the options available. 

Fully refundable deposits

The initial deposit paid shall be fully refundable (minus transaction fees) up until 8 weeks prior to the start of the trip, this is when the final payment is due and confirmation that the trip is going ahead as planned. If the situation changes after this point and we have to cancel for any reason including covid-19 then you are entitled to a full refund for the amount paid to date. If you cancel within 8 weeks, after the final payment, because of an individual health condition including coronavirus or other reason, we will work with you to find a suitable alternative date or offer a partial refund. 

For now, we are utilising this option for our upcoming 2023 trips we will revert back to our standard terms in due course.

Keeping you updated

We'll continue to monitor the situation on a daily basis and update this page accordingly. We will, of course, reach out to those affected at the point when we know more. For further detailed information please refer to our terms and conditions


  • Low-risk activity due to the nature of it being in outdoors.

  • Accommodation is largely private meaning we have greater control over food preparation and cleaning protocols.

  • Single room supplement available.

  • Additional advice on what to bring prior to departure.

  • Adventure Travel Trade Guidelines.

Image by Mitchell Griest
bottom of page